Friday, September 27, 2013

I Want These Gamecubes

I don't see much reason to own a Gamecube. I like the console. It has a great collection of games, and the controllers are damn near perfect, but the problem I have is that I can play my Gamecube games on my Wii, and plug my Gamecube controllers into my Wii. Because of this, there's really no reason for me to own an actual Gamecube. Sure, there's the Gameboy Advance player, which lets you play Gameboy Advance games on your TV, but with the upcoming Retron 5, that will make the Gamecube just a little less necessary.

That said, there are two Gamecubes that I want. And I want the hell out of these.

First up is the Panasonic Q.

A Japanese exclusive that also plays CD's and DVD's. I'll be honest. The only reason I want it is that it looks really, really cool. I doubt it'll bee of much use to me, since it's probably region locked and can only play Japanese games and DVD's, but in the event that I ever start importing Gamecube games, this, and the next Gamecube I'm going to show you are the ones I really want.

This next one is something I've wanted from the very moment I found out it was an actual thing.


This is the Char Custom Gamecube, based on the character of Char Aznabel from the long running anime franchise, Gundam. I've probably mentioned here before that I'm a Gundam fan, particularly of the original timeline, and Char is one of my favorite characters in any work of fiction. This thing is straight up bad ass. It's four times more badass than the average Gamecube. If you got that reference, then you and I have something in common.

Oh, and there's also a Char Custom Wavebird wireless controller.


HOLY SHIT ON A BISCUIT I WANT THAT.


I want that even more.


If that car existed, I'd want it too. And I don't even drive. And for the record, neither did Char. He could pilot a mobile suit like nobody's business, but he never learned to drive a car, so he wouldn't need a custom car... Which leaves me with two questions. How and why do I know that?





Oh, so it does exist. Japan, stop making me want things I can never have.

No comments:

Post a Comment